HOW TO MAKE DANDELION HONEY
300 Dandelion Blossoms
1 liter of water
1 kg of brown sugar
Clean Cloth for draining
1) Gather the flowers and wash them to remove any dirt or bugs.
2) Add the liter of water to the flowers in a pot.
3) Slice both the lemon and orange and Place on top of the flowers in pot.
4) Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and let it simmer for half an hour.
5) Turn off the stove and remove from the heat. Let it rest for 6 hours minimum.
You can leave overnight if you prefer but you must remember if you live in the warm climate you may want to stick to the 6 hours.
6) Strain liquid over your cloth and squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible. At this point you can discard the flowers and lemon and orange.
7) Place the sugar in a pot with the dandelion liquid and boil slowly on low heat.
Boil for 2-3 hours until the mixture has darkened and has thickened.
Please remember to check the consistency of the liquid after every hour.
You do this by taking some in a spoon and leaving it on a plate to cool. Always remember that the cooler liquid will be thicker than the hot one. If you boil the liquid for longer it will become thicker.
This recipe helps with coughs and sore throats.
It also helps with liver detox.
Sis. Arlana Pierre
NUTRITIOUS GLUTEN PROTEIN TREAT
This treat is made primarily using gluten flour which is the protein derived from flour. It also makes use of cashew nuts, nutritional yeast and a blend of seasonings which can be used to replicate flavors similar to the traditional sausage. It is way better than hot dogs however since it is free from all the dangerous ingredients found therein and is totally healthy for the body while enjoyable to the palate, depending on the taste preference. Try it if you have the ingredients and enjoy a nutritious gluten protein treat.
1 1/2 Cups water
3/4 Cup Raw Cashews
1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast flakes
2 Tsp. Sea Salt
2 Tsp. Onion Powder
2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp. Paprika
1/4 Tsp. Celery
1/4 Tsp. Marjoram
2 Tsp. Oregano
1 Tbs. Soy sauce (unfermented)
1 1/2 Tbs. Brown Sugar
5 Tbs. Tomato Sauce
A dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
2 1/4 Cups Gluten Flour
2 Tbsp. Whole Wheat Flour
1. Wash Cashews well.
2. Blend all ingredients, except the Gluten and Whole Wheat flour, until smooth.
3. Taste your mixture and add seasonings according to your taste.
4. In a separate container mix Gluten Flour and Whole Wheat flour together.
5. Add blended liquid to the flour mix in step 4 and using your hands combine well.
6. Using a 2 Tbsp sized scoop, take from gluten mixture and form into cylindrical shape of about 51/2 inches long. Use your cutting board with a little oil on it to help you roll them out.
7. Place in greased pan and cover with parchment paper and another cover to let steam.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
In Vegan cooking seasoning is everything. You must determine what you want and what you like in terms of flavor. Seek good balance of seasonings and cook with love (God is love 1 John 4:8) in your heart always. Enjoy!
Meal prepared by my husband bro. Calvert using the gluten protein treat. It is basically sauteed in sweet peppers and a tomato sauce.