Vegan Cashew Cheese (Slice)Read Now
VEGAN CASHEW CHEESE (SLICE)
The following recipe is easy, tasty and healthy. If you can find the necessary ingredients try it for a great cheese recipe that is completely vegan and slices very well.
1 1/2 Cup water
4 Tbsp. Agar Agar flakes (or powder 3 Tbsp.)
1 Cup additional water
1 Cup Raw Cashews
1/2 Cup Red bell pepper
2 Tsp. Paprika
2 3/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
2 Tsp. Onion powder
2 Tsp. Garlic Podwer
6 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
2 Tbsp. Lime/Lemon Juice
1 small dash Cayenne pepper (optional)
1.Bring water to a boil, pour in Agar Agar and whisk quickly until it is melted and thick. Turn off stove and allow to thicken.
2. Blend all other ingredients in a high speed blender. (Ensure you wash raw cashews well).
3. Add thickened agar agar mixture and blend again until combined.
4. Pour into containers lined with plastic cling wrap.
5. Place into refrigerator for 1 hour to set/firm up.
-Agar Agar is your vegan version of a type of gelatin, from a type of algae. thickens quite easily, so be careful not to leave it too long before combining with the rest of the mixture. If you have Agar Agar flakes or strips you may grind in high speed blender to bring to as fine a powder as possible.
- Adjust recipe according to your taste and preference in cheese (salty, tangy etc content). (Some add liquid smoke for smokey cheese flavor).
-This cheese slices easily and can be enjoyed on crackers, with your bread or even grated for use on your vegan pizza. It must be kept in the fridge. Enjoy for good health with no cholesterol and the other damaging effects of dairy. May God bless you to choose veganism by Faith for His glory. 1 Corinthians 10:31.
The Health Reform blog posts are written by members of the Thusia Seventh Day Adventist Churches across the globe.