NUTRITIOUS GLUTEN PROTEIN TREAT
This treat is made primarily using gluten flour which is the protein derived from flour. It also makes use of cashew nuts, nutritional yeast and a blend of seasonings which can be used to replicate flavors similar to the traditional sausage. It is way better than hot dogs however since it is free from all the dangerous ingredients found therein and is totally healthy for the body while enjoyable to the palate, depending on the taste preference. Try it if you have the ingredients and enjoy a nutritious gluten protein treat.
1 1/2 Cups water
3/4 Cup Raw Cashews
1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast flakes
2 Tsp. Sea Salt
2 Tsp. Onion Powder
2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp. Paprika
1/4 Tsp. Celery
1/4 Tsp. Marjoram
2 Tsp. Oregano
1 Tbs. Soy sauce (unfermented)
1 1/2 Tbs. Brown Sugar
5 Tbs. Tomato Sauce
A dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
2 1/4 Cups Gluten Flour
2 Tbsp. Whole Wheat Flour
1. Wash Cashews well.
2. Blend all ingredients, except the Gluten and Whole Wheat flour, until smooth.
3. Taste your mixture and add seasonings according to your taste.
4. In a separate container mix Gluten Flour and Whole Wheat flour together.
5. Add blended liquid to the flour mix in step 4 and using your hands combine well.
6. Using a 2 Tbsp sized scoop, take from gluten mixture and form into cylindrical shape of about 51/2 inches long. Use your cutting board with a little oil on it to help you roll them out.
7. Place in greased pan and cover with parchment paper and another cover to let steam.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
In Vegan cooking seasoning is everything. You must determine what you want and what you like in terms of flavor. Seek good balance of seasonings and cook with love (God is love 1 John 4:8) in your heart always. Enjoy!
Meal prepared by my husband bro. Calvert using the gluten protein treat. It is basically sauteed in sweet peppers and a tomato sauce.
5/8/2018 11:09:30 am
Thank you sis Anesia for sharing this recipe. I greatly appreciate it.
5/8/2018 11:20:28 am
Amen. Again, you are very welcome. God bless you.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
The Health Reform blog posts are written by members of the Thusia Seventh Day Adventist Churches across the globe.