Making Dandelion HoneyRead Now
HOW TO MAKE DANDELION HONEY
300 Dandelion Blossoms
1 liter of water
1 kg of brown sugar
Clean Cloth for draining
1) Gather the flowers and wash them to remove any dirt or bugs.
2) Add the liter of water to the flowers in a pot.
3) Slice both the lemon and orange and Place on top of the flowers in pot.
4) Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and let it simmer for half an hour.
5) Turn off the stove and remove from the heat. Let it rest for 6 hours minimum.
You can leave overnight if you prefer but you must remember if you live in the warm climate you may want to stick to the 6 hours.
6) Strain liquid over your cloth and squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible. At this point you can discard the flowers and lemon and orange.
7) Place the sugar in a pot with the dandelion liquid and boil slowly on low heat.
Boil for 2-3 hours until the mixture has darkened and has thickened.
Please remember to check the consistency of the liquid after every hour.
You do this by taking some in a spoon and leaving it on a plate to cool. Always remember that the cooler liquid will be thicker than the hot one. If you boil the liquid for longer it will become thicker.
This recipe helps with coughs and sore throats.
It also helps with liver detox.
Sis. Arlana Pierre
5/8/2018 11:11:46 am
Thank you sis Alana, I like the benefits that can be gained from Dandelion honey.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
The Health Reform blog posts are written by members of the Thusia Seventh Day Adventist Churches across the globe.