Joined to YHWH by Sabbath Keeping
I cannot overemphasize the importance of Sabbath keeping to one's salvation. I saw this recently while studying the fifty-sixth (56th) chapter of the Book of Isaiah. As it pertains to Sabbath keeping an expression in verse six (6) jumped out at me, "that join themselves to the LORD (YHWH)" Emphasis supplied. It was not long while thinking upon it that I saw that in this Great Controversy we are either Joined to YHWH or Joined to Idols, saved or lost by them respectively and the role of Sabbath keeping in this decision. I want to say that He who is joined to YHWH by necessity keeps YHWH's fruit sign of the seventh day Sabbath, whereas he who is joined to idols do not, but instead keep their own statutes/laws. Moreover Sabbath keeping also joins man to YHWH continually, yea even forever.
Take a look at the following points, prayerfully, using your Bible and you will see:
1. Sabbath Keeping shows a person has JOINED HIMSELF TO YHWH GOD- Isaiah 56: 2-4,6-7. Ezekiel 20:20
2. The only other joining is to Idols- Hosea 4:17
3. Whenever Israel polluted YHWH's Sabbaths they were described as going after their idols- Ezekiel 20:16,18-20,24
4. Also, whenever they polluted YHWH's Sabbath, going after their idols, they were described as walking in their statutes and observing their judgments (or laws), instead of YHWH's statutes and judgments- Ezekiel 20:13,18,21,24
5. God's call is for us to repent and turn away from our idols which separate us from joining to YHWH GOD- Ezekiel 14:5, 6
6. When we repent he cleanses us from these idols, gives us a changed mind and experience, comes into our minds and causes us to keep His statutes. including his Sabbath. This work is called Justification and joins us to the ONE GOD YHWH- Ezekiel 36:25-28, Romans 3:30-31, Deuteronomy 6:4
7. He commands us to Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy because Sabbath keeping puts YHWH continually before our faces, since it is the only command in which YHWH's name is mentioned three (3) times (as His Sabbath day)-Exodus 20:8-11 (LORD IS YHWH).
8. Continual Sabbath keeping, as the perpetual covenant, must not be forgotten and is forever; forever joining us to YHWH GOD and guiding us on the way home to Zion- Exodus 31:13,16-17, Jeremiah 50:4,5,
9. This is why there remains a Sabbath keeping to those called "The People of God". Because those who keep the Sabbath are joined to YHWH GOD, and the remnant thereof are sealed, by Sabbath keeping, with His name written in their mind- Hebrews 4:9-10 (Rest-Greek-Sabbatismos-Sabbath Keeping), Revelation 7:3, Revelation 14:1
10. The earth will be destroyed because its inhabitants defile it and themselves, joining to their idols, breaking God's everlasting covenant of Sabbath keeping, while those who continue in Sabbath Keeping are forever joined to YHWH, even coming before him for eternity to worship him every Sabbath, forever- Ezekiel 20:18, Isaiah 24:4-5, Isaiah 66:23
As Jeremiah 50:5 says of God's people, I implore you to come and go with me.
"They shall ask the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, saying, Come, and let us join ourselves to the LORD/YHWH in a perpetual covenant that shall not be forgotten"
And Sabbath keeping is that perpetual covenant that joins us to YHWH as Moses declares in Exodus 31:16
"Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant."
Will you turn from your idols? Will you join to YHWH with me today? Will you keep His seventh day Sabbath with me? I pray you will. Amen
Sis. Anesia Baptiste