"THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH"
I wrote out this brief study and presented it to new converts to Jesus Christ, as a brief introduction to the importance of the doctrine of Justification by Faith. It is by no means exhaustive on the subject.
We can never overestimate the importance of understanding the work of God in Justifying man by faith and the need of personal faith daily to maintain one's Justification or conversion. The changes in the convert's life will only be because of Justification and will come over time of growing in the faith of Jesus Christ and learning how to live by it. All reformations in the life will only be genuine and lasting when they come about by the mind of the individual being educated in and motivated by faith. This is the heart and life change that God requires; not following traditions with no faith behind them. Therefore each new convert must understand this doctrine as a priority.
1. "The Just shall live by faith" is a biblical concept-Romans 1:16,17, Hebrews 10:38, Habbakuk 2:4
WHO IS THE JUST MAN?
2. The Just man is the man whom God has been justified by faith. Romans 8:33, Romans 5:1,
3. This Justification is a change; a washing of regeneration and renewing of the person, from unrighteousness to righteousness, from sinfulness to sinfreeness. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Titus 3:5,7
4. This Justification is also the blessing of the gift of the Holy Spirit in the mind, giving you the spiritual mind. Romans 5:1, Romans 8:6, Galatians 3:7-9,14, Galatians 4:6
5. This Justification makes you keep the whole law of God. Romans 3:30,31, James 2:8-12
All of this is the same as conversion, being changed, being saved from sin, being made sinfree and such like; it is Justification which produces the Just man.
The Just shall live by faith means that the justified man must continue in his justification or maintain it, by living by faith.
SO, WHAT IS FAITH?
Faith is the revealed truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ/God.
a. Faith is the words of faith which are preached- 1 Timothy 4:6, Romans 10:8
b. This word is truth. John 17:17, James 1:18
c. Faith, which is words of truth, is revealed. Galatians 3:23
d. These truths are the truths of Jesus Christ or the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:27.
WHAT ABOUT BELIEVING?
Contrary to what many teach Faith is different from believing. Faith is a noun while believing is derived from a verb (to believe). Faith is outside of us but believing is a mental work of humanity and angels of accepting something as truth. However, we do have to believe the faith.
a. Faith is the Faith of God whether we believe or not. Romans 3:3,4
b. All men can believe but all men do not have Faith. 2 Thessalonians 3:2
c. Even the Devils (evil angels) can believe but do they have faith? No! James 2:19
d. Believing is a mental act of accepting something as true and this is what we have to do concerning the faith; we must believe the faith. Galatians 2:16
3. Therefore, for the Just to live by faith means he/she must live by the revealed truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ/the revealed truths of Jesus Christ/God.
a. This means studying the faith or truths daily.
b. Believing the truths always.
c. Allowing the truths of the scriptures to be lodged in our reasoning, directing our every view, behavior and decision.
By. Sis. Anesia O. Baptiste